Why Nissan? Your questions answered
You are asking ‘Why Nissan’? A good question, but also one that is easily answered, as Nissan is all about giving you access to a range of high-quality vehicles in South Africa at the right price. This is exactly why Group 1 Nissan is dedicated to making your life simpler by offering:
- One of the largest range of new and used Nissan vehicles in the country
- A Nissan auto service department that’ll help keep your vehicle running for years to come
- Dedicated Nissan Fleet Sales, Nissan New Car Sales and Nissan Used Car Sales experts
- Countrywide vehicle delivery service for customers outside of the Western Cape
- 24 Hour Roadside Assistance Services across South Africa
Is Nissan a Good Car Brand?
In a word – YES! Internationally Nissan has more than 80 year of automobile manufacturing experience behind it and has a reputation for building good looking, tech savvy, sporty and economical vehicles. Highly rated by consumers and critics alike, Nissan vehicles not only retain a good resale value over time but are also exceptionally reliable from a mechanical perspective. If you would like to find out if Nissan is a good car brand for you, then please feel free to visit our page listing all new Nissan vehicles or book a test drive right away.
Is Nissan Reliable?
For some time now Nissan has consistently been voted as one of the top 10 reliable automotive brands in the world. This is thanks to the fact that they use only the best automotive technology to build cars, SUV’s and bakkies that are:
- Easy on the Eye
Also, Nissan’s efficient VQ engines have topped many top ten best engine lists globally.
With an automotive history that dates back to 1933, Nissan is a company that has a number of interesting facts behind the brand name, these include:
- The Nissan headquarters are situated in Nishi-ku, Yokohoma, in Japan.
- Nissan was originally known by the ‘Datsun’ brand name. This was later changed to Nissan, but since 2014 there has once again been a new Datsun model available to purchase in South Africa.
- Nissan is part of a successful automotive partnership with the French car manufacturer Renault. This means that they share automotive technology, design and manufacturing resources to help provide innovative, yet cost-effective new vehicle models.
- The Nissan Altima hybrid prototype was first launched in the year 2004 by Nissan and it was part of a partnership with the Toyota brand. Since then Nissan has made active inroads into the electric car market thanks to the Nissan LEAF and a number of other EV vehicles.
- Carlos Ghosn is the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Nissan Company, while Toshiyuki Shiga is the President and COO.
Contact Us at Group 1 Nissan!
If you would like to further discuss the “Why Nissan” question, then don’t hesitate to contact us right away. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will be happy to assist you with any and all queries that you might have regarding the Nissan brand.